Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update on us and our new baby girl!!

Gabrielle Victoria Kania was born on Tuesday 19th January 2010 at 02.53am weighing 8lb 15oz (my smallest!). Josh and Ellie are totally besotted with her as are we and love helping out getting things ready to change her, feed her, and enjoy having lots of cuddles.

We have only managed a few mornings of home ed in the 3 weeks since she's been born but am hoping to get more organised this week and back into some form of routine by next week. We had hoped to start this week but Ellie isn't well and we have a few appointments for Gabrielle this week too.

I have thought about sending the kids back to school as have felt really guilty that we haven't done an awful lot since they last came out of school but then I think about the awful time Josh had there with being bullied even though he wasn't there very long and I feel guilty for even considering it.

Hopefully we will find our feet and get into a good rhythm in the next week or so. I'm nervously expecting a letter from our LEA wanting to come and do an annual visit. We had our last one in March 09 but I really don't want another visit just yet so hope either a) they forget about us!! or b) they will accept an ed phil as I really don't feel up to a visit at the moment.

Ellie went away on her first brownie camp last weekend and really enjoyed it. Apparantly they discovered Ellie did indeed have a voice during a game of beetledrive lol. She doesn't often talk at brownies unless someone talks to her first. I was so proud of her taking her brownie promise a couple of weeks ago and although she was very very quiet you could just about hear her making her promise. Such a change from the girl who would never speak!!

Josh is going away with the scouts this weekend too.

I'm hoping to get back into blog reading in the next few weeks as I've really missed catching up but the need for sleep and my new favourite hobby - watching Gabrielle sleeps as she looks so peaceful!! - tends to override internet time lol!!

Gabrielle's just woken and im rubbish at typing one handed so will finish with some pictures of our gorgeous baby girl.




4 comments:

Franbles said...

Many congratulations! So glad to hear of the safe arrival.
God bless you!
Sarah

Bridget said...

Wow, Congratulations.
I've obviously come back to the blogging world just in time. I'm green with envy. ENJOY XXXXX

Amanda said...

Congratulations Emma, she's beautiful! Our baby is now 10mths, and I think we're only just getting back to normal! There's plenty of time, and they're learning loads...what they don't know about having a baby in the house isn't worth knowing ;-)

kelly said...

Congrats on your baby!

She looks adorable :)