Friday, April 16, 2010

How to Homeschool with Babies and Toddlers

I have just come across an article on how to homeschool with babies, toddlers & preschoolers.  I have added it here for my reference and incase anyone else finds it useful.

I have found it hard to settle back into a routine since having Gabrielle but I'm sure we'll get there some day soon.  She has just started sleeping through the night this week at 12 weeks so hopefully having more sleep will help.

Whilst reading through my old blog posts I came across this poem which is so true:

Babies Don't Keep by Ruth Hamilton

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rock-a-bye, Lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek-peek-a-boo).
The shopping is not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there is a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing "Kanga" and this is my "Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rock-a-bye, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.



Such a lovely poem and here is another version of it:

I hope my children look back on today
and see parents who had time to play.
Dusting and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow
for babies grow fast we learn to our sorrow.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking
but children grow up when we are not looking.
So settle down cobwebs and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!



So so true as I finding with Josh and Ellie.  I can't believe that Josh is 11 now and Ellie is very nearly 8.  Its gone so fast.

No comments: