Well after a great start to the week yesterday today has just been completely pants!!
I knew I shouldn't have hit the post button yesterday after our great day. I was so pleased with what we had got done but today has just been awful. We started bright and early this morning at 8.45am and by the time I finally gave up trying to herd them into doing stuff at 2pm J had read 2 chapters of his reading book, and done exercise 1.3 and 1.4 from GP Junior Maths 2. E has only managed to do 1 and a half pages of maths in 4 and a half hours (we had a break mid morning!) I was just at a complete loss and felt like I was banging my head against a very large brick wall!!
I have no idea what changed that made them work brilliantly yesterday but terrible today. I sat at the table with them the whole time both days but today they have been nudging each other when sat together, kicked each other under the table when moved, stared into space when sent into the lounge to work to stop the fighting. I have had to constantly go on at E especially to get on with her work and stop day dreaming.
I asked them both is the work too easy that you're bored or too hard for you but they both agree its fine. Got our work cut out then trying to finish Ancient Egypt this week now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
They have both gone to the cinema at the moment with my brother and his girlfriend to see Beverley Hills Chihuaua (sp?). I considered not allowing them to go but figured we weren't going to get any more done today so to cut my losses and start afresh in the morning as tomorrow is another day. I am going to send them both to bed by 8.30 tonight as I think an early night will do them both good. J has cubs tonight til 8 but he can get ready for bed as soon as he gets in.
Hopefully things will be better in the morning.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






2 comments:
Yep thats how it goes! Thank God for the good days interspersed in there!
We have days like that. I do like you did, pack up, tomorrow's another day. They're not going to learn much in that mood anyway.
Post a Comment