I was tagged by Kellyi at We Are Here back in January when I was offline so now am back online I can finally get round to doing it. I need to supple 8 random facts or habits:
1. I was on BBC's Songs of Praise when I was 13!
Songs of Praise came to Blackpool Tower to film and my friend Karen and I ended up on the front row and very visible when it was shown on the tv. We also ended up with our picture in the local paper which was most embarassing and we got a lot of stick at school the next day.
2. When I met my dh I couldn't cook (apart from Beans and Toast) and had no idea of how to run a home - I didn't even know how to use a washing machine!! One of my goals with J & E is to make sure that when they leave home they can each cook, look after themselves and their homes.
3. I am a bit of a neat freak at home!! I find it impossible to sit down and work with the kids when there is mess lol! When I met my dh I was messy and he was the tidy one. Now we have had a complete reversal. Dh drives me mad with his inability to pick up after himself. I often come down the next morning if he's stayed up later than me to find crisp packets, glasses, rubbish littering the coffee table. But then every once in a while (like this morning!) I get up and he has tidied up everywhere and done the dishes for me!! Although he doesn't do it often when he does do it I have to say he does an even better job than me!! The kids are pretty good at helping out too. I have got them well trained lol!!
4. I am far too addicted to the internet!! I don't know how I have managed to get through four weeks with hardly any internet access. It was torture but my house was even cleaner than normal and my laundry basket was empty as there was no distractions.
5. I wanted to name Ellie as Athena after the Greek Goddess of Wisdom and Beauty when I was pregnant but dh wouldn't let me. I also like the name Ellie-Mae but dh wouldn't let me call her that either as he said it reminded him of the Clampets from the Beverley Hillbillies.
6. I was knocked over by a car at the age of 10 near Blackpool Zoo. I chipped a bone in my ankle but it wasn't picked up on til about 3 weeks later when I had already begun walking on it again. It was 19 years ago now and I can still remember rolling across the bonnet of the car and then realising I was in the middle of the road and running to the side of the road before collapsing in agony with my ankle. Probably one of my biggest fears is the kids getting hit by a car.
7. I went to a private secondary all girls school. I hated almost every minute of my time there. I only took the exam to prove to my parents that I could do it but I never wanted to go there but then because I passed the exam they made me go. The only subject I enjoyed was Classical Studies (Greek and Roman Mythology). I have to say I don't think I learnt anything much useful at school. We used to have to wear the most awful uniform - bright orange jumper, cream blouse, brown skirt, fawn socks, brown shoes and a brown duffle coat or brown school blazer. It was hideous!!
8. I was a pretty rebellious teen!! I hated school and wanted to leave and go to the local high school with all my friends so I tried my best to get expelled or suspended but it never worked. I just used to end up with Saturday detentions where we had to scrub the chewing gum off desks in the science lab. I regularly failed to hand homework in on time and didn't 'work' as hard as I could have at school. I hated the fact that I was out of the house from 8am til 5pm then would have 3 hours homework a night on top of that. I never came back in the house on time in the evenings either. I had my first boyfriend at 15 and he was 23. I hope my two don't put me through even half as much as what I put my parents through when I was a teen!! But I think I have a much better relationship with my two than I have ever had with my parents so hopefully they won't feel the need to go off the rails!!
Now to tag some people, who haven't already been tagged:
The Swift Clan
House by the Sea
and anyone else who wants to do it consider yourself tagged. Leave us a comment when you're done.
That'll be all for now,
These, apparently, are the rules:
1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.
5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go and read your answers.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment