Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back Online at Long Last!!!

Finally!!! Woo Hoo!!

I am so glad to be back in the land of the living. It has been torture being without hardly any internet access for the last month or so!!

Home ed wise things have been going well. J is enjoying his GP Junior Maths Book and has just completed Chapter 5. E has completed Schofield & Sims Number Book 5, Early Comprehension 3 and Bond No-Nonsense Maths Papers 6-7. That girl loves her workbooks and will happily sit even at weekends doing them. I only have a couple of Key Stage 1 workbooks left so once those are done by Easter we will move onto Key Stage 2 Maths and English. I think I will take a look at the Schofield and Sims Key Stage 2 workbooks for maths and english as she won't be ready for Galore Park's Junior English yet.

J is still on chapter 2 of Galore Park's Junior English book 1 as we have ground pretty much to a complete halt with his english. I am hoping to get chapter 2 finished over half term week so we can get going with it again after half term. It's the creative writing parts he struggles with. He is fine with the rest so I am thinking of having him dictate a story to me so I can write it down and he can copy it but I'm not sure if I am wimping out a little doing that. He is great at making things up but really struggles to get it down onto paper himself.

I have decided to go back to sticking a little more closely to Sonlight Core 1. I have ordered more books from core 1 off amazon as I have been doubting myself a little, well, ok a lot lately!! I just worry that I am either not doing enough with them or if I am doing too much. I have thought about splitting them up more as we do everything together besides maths and english which they do at their own level. Perhaps I need to alter worksheets more to make them a little harder for J and a little easier for E. I don't know what to do.

We haven't got much done this week as I was ill on Monday (kids were very good looking after me!), we finally made it to Staffordshire to visit my mother in law on Tuesday, Wednesday was spent cleaning and recovering from a tiring day on Tuesday. Today has been spent catching up on emails now that we are connected again.

I want to get J's english done a little over half term break but other than that we will enjoy a break.

It's our 7th wedding anniversary on Saturday (Valentine's Day!) and also the 11th anniversary of us meeting so I have to nip to town tomorrow to try and find a pressie for dh!! I have no idea what to get him at the moment so had better have a quick look online and get some ideas!!

4 comments:

lotusbirther said...

Congratulations!!

Lisa said...

Glad you're back online - hope you have a lovely weekend with dh!

Lisa x

The Swift Clan said...

Great to hear you back online! I think the kids are doing fine! It's hard not to worry and stress but you are doing great! Congrats! Hope it was a lovely romantic day (or hour!?!)
hugs
Cherie x

Bridget said...

Good to see you back