Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Josh!!



On Sunday 4th April 1999 (Easter Sunday), at 2.02pm, dh and I welcomed our beautiful first born child into the world, Joshua David K. He was a huge baby weighing 10 lb 7 oz!! It was like having a 3 month old instead of a newborn. He was a gorgeous baby with lovely chunky rugby player thighs. He is growing up into a beautiful well mannered child and will be a fine young man. He is so thoughtful and considerate. I couldn't imagine my life without him, Ellie or dh. They are my world!!

He has matured so much in this last year and is very protective of Ellie which I think is lovely. They play together lovely and each year on Joshua's birthday I wonder if they will carry on being as close as they are and each year they surprise me. They have definitely become closer since we began Home Ed. They stick up for each other and Ellie really looks up to Josh as her big brother. They can also fight like cat and dog but thankfully this isn't a regular occurance. I remember as I was growing up I was also fighting and arguing with my younger brother and still am lol!! It is lovely to watch them play lego together. Ellie is so desperate to be like Josh she plays his games so she can play with him. She even wants lego for her birthday in May so she can continue playing with him instead of the bike she was going to have.

Our precious boy is growing up and is in double figures now!! It makes me feel old lol!! I'm only 29 too. I had been with dh for about 6 months when we discovered I was pregnant and were both over the moon. I knew dh would be a fantastic dad and he is. My parents were against our relationship at first as there was the matter of a 21 year age gap between me and dh (I was 18 and he was 39) but we were in love and I moved out to live with him. We had only just begun talking to my parents again when we discovered we were expecting and dh was worried about telling my dad but my dad couldn't have been happier and my mum soon came round to the idea. Josh was the first grandchild so was spoilt rotten. I have the only two grandchildren so they are still spoilt rotten now lol!!

I just want to end with a message to Josh:

Happy 10th Birthday Joshua. The Easter Bunny bought me the best gift in the world. We love you so much. Thank you for giving us the last 10 years and we can't wait to see what the next 10 bring!! We love you lots, Mummy & Daddy xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Posh Totty said...

Happy 10th Birthday Josh Xx