Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things are going better!!

Things are starting to look up at last!! Dh did better at work and we were really pleased with how we did on Monday and Tuesday was good too. Just hope it continues now!!

Dh is working every day til Sunday and then he'll be off Monday to Friday so might see if we can visit the caravan park where his brother's caravan is and take the kids swimming. They love it down there and maybe stop over for a night or two. I think the break would do us all good. Its still in Blackpool the caravan but we can at least pretend we are on holiday lol and at least we don't have to go to the expense of hiring a car. The kids would love to walk round the mere too so am hoping for some lovely weather next week.

I am also working out my plan for the new term which I will post on here once I have done it. I want to get back to reading more great readalouds to the kids. Something that we can read just for the fun of reading together. I have joined read it swap it and have swapped with someone for Terry Pratchett's The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents so hopefully that will arrive in the next day or two. I am also hoping to get hold of a copy of Penolope Lively's The Ghost of Thomas Kempe which I remember doing in the last year of primary school and enjoying it. I have also got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from the library and am thinking it is high time I actually try and make time for us to enjoy our library books rather than getting them out, lugging them home, renewing them til we can't anymore, then lug them back and most are never looked at which is a terrible waste so I want to try and make it into a more regular thing of actually reading the library books once we get home!!

I really like the idea for scheduling our homeschool days that are here as they look fun to do and it will help the kids and me to see what we still need to do. Might set them to work tomorrow, evil mother I am lol so then I won't feel guilty if we have a couple of days off next week at the caravan.

Hopefully now the weather will get better and we can spend more time outside and not cooped up indoors.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I need to do more readalouds too. Our books from the library get read but thats because I make the children read them. Peter doesnt need coerced but Tink as usual, does! :) I want to read to them though but I dont think I can really get into that now because we are into garden season!

Classroomfree said...

Yep, more readalouds on the agenda here too - I've just done a bit of our planning, somehow our plans never work anyway - but I enjoy the ideas... lol