Saturday, April 25, 2009

Starting School on Monday!!

We had it confirmed on Wednesday that both Josh and Ellie will be starting at the School on Monday. We ended up going back up to the school on Friday morning to pick up a few bits of uniform that are only available from the school and the kids were invited to go to their classes whilst I sorted out uniform, school dinners and all the formal stuff.

They loved it. Josh's class was doing maths and he was very happy as it was doubling large numbers and he said he found it really easy so I am over the moon about that. He is very excited about going on Monday.

Ellie's class were doing English writing letters to various places to request information on Blackpool and the history of our area. She wrote a letter too but she can't remember who it was to. Her teacher said she did really well and commented that she had 'beautiful handwriting'. Also Ellie did speak to her a little more and has already made friends with another little girl in her class which I am really pleased as my big worry with Ellie is that she would struggle to make friends if she didn't speak much at school but though its early days it appears this won't be the case thankfully.

It reassured me that they will be fine next week going back to school as I have been a little anxious about it. I will miss them like crazy though and don't know what I will do with myself whilst they are in school. The house should be spotless as I will have nothing else to do lol!!

I finally have all the uniform now but it has cost a fortune to have them both kitted out. We took Ellie's violin into the violin shop on Thursday to be tuned and get the bridge sorted out and she can't wait to pick it up again this afternoon. She is taking it to school with her on Monday and will be having violin lessons through the school. At only £10 per term (3 months) it is an absolute bargain and she is so excited.

My brother has given Josh a left handed Electric Guitar and he wants to have lessons at school too but I'm not sure yet as it is only in a soft case and as we will more than likely be getting the bus each day I am worried it will get broken. I have just had a look at the price of a hard case for it and can't believe how expensive they are. I think we will leave that for now til we get a car and then at least he won't have as far to carry it. So maybe September he can start lessons for that.

Josh will get a Netbook next week too which he is really looking forward to. He says he wants to work really hard and I am pleased that home education has given them both a great love of learning and has really boosted their confidence. I am pleased with the school too and it is probably the only school in our area that I would be genuinely happy to send them to.

I'm sure next week I will be very lost. Dh has already roped me into the business but that won't be during the week till then end of May so will try and make the most of my quiet weekdays and get the house sorted and enjoy some time alone with dh. The school just happens to be next to a lovely pub restaurant so I am sure we will enjoy a cool glass of shandy and a nice meal whilst waiting for the kids occasionally.

I have added a couple of pictures below that I took this morning in the garden after they had tried on their uniforms. They look so grown up and smart in them.

I will update again on Monday as to how the first day has gone!!





4 comments:

Bridget said...

Aahh, they look lovely. I'm glad they enjoyed their little stay. I would be lost without mine so I'm imagining what you're going to feel like. Try and take some time for yourself whilst they're at school. Best of luck to you all XX

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh I love the uniforms. The kids look so sweet!

Lisa said...

Hope its all going well, they look lovely. I'm sure you feel pretty lost without them but what a great job you've done!

Lisa xx

Jax said...

wondering how the first week has gone?