I am loving having Josh back home. We are basically taking it very easy as I haven't been feeling great these last few weeks but what we have done he has enjoyed far more than the busy work they had in school. We haven't done anything at all this week as it is sooo hot!! Today he has helped a lot around the house so I can get on top of all the housework I haven't been doing these last few weeks.
I haven't managed to get online much at all lately so am looking forward to catching up on lots of blog reading later and sorting through my emails. Have got well over 3000 now that need to be sorted.
I am hoping Ellie will decide to join us at the end of term. Only 2 weeks and 1 day til she breaks up for summer. I have no idea what she will decide to do but I have left it up to her.
We are going to home ed lightly over the summer and I am already trying to decide on a new approach to working from September. Josh has been doing about the Ancient Greeks again lately and I hope to complete the Romans over the summer too.
I am considering something similar to Wits End whereby the planning is done for me and I can add to it but I'm not sure if I want to go down that route or not. I do like planning but am thinking it might be nice just to pick up a program ready done and he can get on with it. I am also considering Sonlight Core 2 for him. I think he would enjoy the middle ages but I have Core 1 and have never really used it 'properly' so not sure whether to go for it or not. I have lots of great books I really want us to do and am toying with doing the Narnia Study 'Higher up and Further in' or whether to leave that another year so that if Ellie joins us she would maybe be able to do it too.
I am also looking forward to doing British History with him but again can't decide whether to start in September or wait a year. I guess I will get sorted soon enough. I might pay the library a visit tomorrow and see what there is available for us from there for some summer projects that he would be interested in. He has already said he wants to learn about volcanoes and rainforests so there's a start.
Now for the great news.... I am PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baby is due 29th January 2010.
We are all so excited and Josh and Ellie are already arguing over whose room the baby will be sleeping in. Everything has been going well so far and I am coping ok with the morning sickness. Just once or twice a day as opposed to the 'all day all the time - hyperemesis - end up in hospital on a drip' sickness of when I was having Josh and Ellie!! I feel ok as long as I have a nap. If I don't have a nap during the day then by dinner time I am ready for bed and I haven't felt much like sitting in front of a computer for longer than 5 minutes!! I am feeling quite good today so hopefully the tiredness is easing a little and I will be online more!!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






7 comments:
congratulations :)
Congratulations :-)
Many congratulations! That's great news after the issues you were having earlier. You might indeed need more help with your curriculum after the baby arrives - not so much time to plan! I love the Sonlight books too, though I don't follow their 'curriculum' at all.
God bless you
Sarah
Congratulations! 3 is great fun, though blogging has definitely taken a backburner over the last 12 weeks!
Congratulation on the baby!
Can I ask what/where the narnia study is? Sounds interesting.
Congratulations on the pregnancy!! Hope all is going well!
Congrats on the baby news :D Thanks for stopping by my blog. The workboxes are working a dream - do take a look. My Joel is 10 and a very independent worker. He was done by about 1pm today (with breaks included) and it gives him the freedom to work at his own pace - which is fast, fast, fast!! He likes to start early and finish early - good on him! Whereas my other son likes to take his time getting ready and then he is a plodder, but even he is finding it easier to stick to than a set timetable every day :D
Post a Comment