I went to the doctors this morning for my blood results. It wasn't as bad as I thought as I had been really worried about them. My suspicions that I'm not ovulating are correct. My progesterone level was 2 when it should be around 30. Everything else was normal thankfully.
My doctor was really good explaining things to us and reassured us that there is a good 80% chance that I will be able to have another baby. I am so relieved. He even gave dh a bit of bedtime advice too lol!!!
I was expecting to eventually get referred to the hospital for scans and tests but as the doctor I saw is also a gynaecologist he has prescribed me Clomid 50mg which I have to take on days 2-6 of my cycle. Apparently it should regulate my cycle and shorten it too. Also if I am not pregnant within 3 months then I am to go back and see him and he will review how things are going.
The doctor also suggested that I lose weight as this will help with my hormones and will much improve my chances of becoming pregnant so it has made me even more serious now about getting my excess weight off once and for all. So far I have lost 21 lb but still have a long way to go but I will get there.
Dh and I were giggling like children when we came out of there after the doctor was giving us tips lol!!!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






4 comments:
I a m also giggling at a doctor giving tips to people who already have two children;) You are not exactly amateurs:) Glad things are not as bad as you feared. Losing 21 lb is great.
Very glad to hear that things are not as bad as you feared. I was praying you'd be okay. Did the doctor also mention that taking Clomid increases your chance of a 'multiple' pregnancy? Maybe it's just hearsay but when I was expecting twins with no family history of such I was asked time and again if I'd been on Clomid.
Brilliant news. Now you can just relax and enjoy Christmas.
Emma four out of my five children were Clomid pregnancies, I've just finished another course to no avail so I'm off to the doctors again. Well done on the weight loss, that's what I need to do.
Post a Comment