Saturday, December 27, 2008

A lovely Christmas Day

We had a really lovely Christmas Day. The kids didn't wake up as early as usual. Normally they wake at 6am wanting to go and open presents but it ended up this year that dh and I were awake at 8am and waiting for them to wake up. Eventually we couldn't hold our suspense any longer and woke the kids at 8.30am.

They were very pleased with their presents. J got loads of Star Wars Lego and E got lots of Sylvanian Families stuff. They also got a wii between them which has proved very popular so far and I have been beaten a fair few times in Wii Sports Bowling. E is really good and completely thrashes me by getting either a strike or a spare every go!!!

Dh gave me a 10.3 mega pixel Kodak digital camera which I love. He even charged it up for me on Christmas Eve without me seeing it so that it would be ready to use for taking pictures of the kids opening the presents.

He also gave me a lovely new watch but I have to take it to have the wristband adjusted. I gave him some games for his computer and a new watch for him.

We went down to Christmas lunch at my parents and the kids got yet more presents there from my parents, aunt, my sister and brothers. Mainly more games for their wii.

We had a lovely Christmas dinner of turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding and cream. Then home for a buffet style tea. I haven't followed my diet over Christmas but I haven't gone as overboard with food as I usually would so hopefully I won't gain more than a lb or two if that.

The wii is great and I am sure that doing the boxing on Wii Sports will really tone my arms up. Its quite hard work that actually especially once you've done a few fights as the skill level goes up it gets harder and harder to keep going. I must admit though my arms feel like lead this morning after playing lots of boxing on it with the kids last night.

Boxing Day E and I were up early and off to the sales. I was quite restrained actually and didn't go as mad as I normally would buying things we don't need. I think with the economy being the way it is I am much more conscious of what I buy. I was going to go the Next sale which was starting at 5am this morning (before we moved to Cyprus I would go everytime there was a next sale and queue up outside the store at 5am to get the kids clothes for the coming year but I am exhausted after a full day shopping yesterday and I really feel like I need a couple of days just staying at home to get the house back into some kind of order. The kids have got tons of stuff for Christmas and now I need to help them find a home for it all. I will probably have a look in on Monday and see what they have left in the sale for them.

Dh and J have spent every spare minute since Christmas Day building one of his Lego Star Wars pieces. This is a picture or what it should look like when its done but its taken them 2 days so far and I think it will take another couple of hours until they're done.

So today I am just going to get back on with the housework and try and find spaces for all the kids new toys. I think I will have to do some online shopping later looking for storage solutions for their bedrooms. E's bedroom is tiny so I need something that will hold quite a bit of her stuff.

I will leave you with some pictures of our Christmas Day.



























2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Boy those wiis are sure the rage arent they? I love those Sylvania families. I bought a couple of the houses 20 years ago for my older daughter. I keep them in the closet and let the younger two kids play with them. Eventually I will give them to Wendy for her girls but its hard for me to part with them! :)

Ruth said...

My dds, one now aged 16, got Sylvannians as little girls and still have them:)Looks like you had a lovely time,