We had to have a good talk with J this afternoon. When we moved in we decided that the kids could each have a tv and dvd player in their rooms with a freeview box so they can also watch their cartoon channels upstairs if we want to watch something on the big tv downstairs. J has been taking it too far though and staying up til 2-3 am in the morning watching films or dvd's and is then unable to get up in the morning. This has been going on for about the last week now and I am getting sick of it. So today I tried to wake him at 9.30am but he was flat out and it was impossible to wake him. He eventually came down as E and I were having our lunch at 12.30pm. Me and dh had a good talk with him today and have told him the television will be removed from his bedroom if he can't use it responsibly.
We have decided to give him one more chance to prove he can do as he is told and turn it off and leave it off once its bedtime. I am going to look through the manuel for it later too and see if I can set the timer on it so it is locked during certain hours. I'm not sure whether it is possible to do that or not but if he doesn't start going to sleep at a reasonable hour and getting up earlier then it will be taken out of his room for good.
We have always been pretty lax about bedtimes since they have been home educated mainly because we would have to go out at around 10pm at night to pick dh up from work but now we are back in England I am thinking of getting them back into a bedtime where they both go to bed around 9pm. E would more than likely fall straight to sleep after being tucked in but J would probably want to read for half an hour first.
Hopefully tomorrow he will be up earlier and can come to town with me if its not raining!! Its very cold and windy tonight. You can hear the wind whirling around the house. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow as I need to get a few bits in town for the house.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment