I went for a blood test on Monday morning and was told I would have to wait around a week for the results so was planning on phoning my doctor's on Monday to see if the results were ready yet and if they would tell me over the phone.
I have received a letter this morning from my doctor's (typical that you always get important letters on a Saturday when there is nothing you can about it!!) It is dated 17th December only 2 days after my blood tests and it says they have been trying to contact me by phone (only I had forgotten to update my phone details! Typical!) to arrange for me to see my Doctor.
Is this normal practice for getting the results of a blood test or does it indicate there is something seriously wrong? Or am I being ultra paranoid over nothing!! (Nothing unusual there!!)
My dad often has to have blood tests and he says that they never contact him and that he just phones them and if necessary he can make an appointment with a doctor then. So I am a bit worried at the moment and I know I am probably being irrational worrying about it.
I suppose it could be something as simple as being anaemic perhaps and need iron tablets but I don't feel tired. I was anaemic after having both the kids. After I had J I had to have a blood transfusion as I lost such a lot of blood as he was 10lb 7oz and I had to have iron tablets after I had E as she was 9lb 7oz but I don't feel like I did then but then again I haven't just given birth!!
I am just hoping whatever the blood test has showed up is something that can be sorted quickly and easily anyway and hope that I can get in to see the doctor on Monday hopefully to put my mind at rest. My hands are still shaking at the moment so roll on Monday!!
I am coming up with a homeschool plan for the new year where I will go back to using more of Sonlight's Core 1 I think. I probably still won't follow the Instructor's Guide properly as I find the Sonlight History fits really nicely in with our History Odyssey Ancients work using Story of the World 1. I am hoping to get finished with the Ancients by the Summer as I am getting fed up of it particularly Egypt. I am looking forward to doing the Greeks and Romans but am determined that by the Summer we will be done.
I am also thinking of doing a 4 day week and having field-trip Fridays where we can go to the Zoo. I am going to buy an annual pass in the new year for our local zoo and plan on going at least once a fortnight as the kids love it there and they have a new baby giraffe which I am sure they would love to watch it grow. Not to mention the Reptile Handling sessions which they both love!!
I am determined not to overschedule us as I always do and I don't think hardly a week went by that we got everything I had planned done. I am determined that my new plan is going to be much more flexible. I am fed up of feeling that we are behind all the time. I am going to keep my own journal of what we have done each day and update it at the end of the day with what we got done rather than plan it all in advance and feel a failure for not doing it all. I will plan roughly what I want to cover in a day as I like to know where I am heading but I don't want to become a slave to it which I always seem to do. All I can ask is that the kids do their best.
We will probably work something like 9am - 1pm with a 30 minute break around 11am. Then have an hour for lunch and then do some art and craft with dh Monday to Thursday. Hopefully this will work out ok. I am thinking of doing Maths and English on alternate days perhaps as sometimes it can feel like all we got done was maths and english so hopefully that might help. I will go into more detail sometime in the next week or two once I have sorted out all the books we will be using.
I also really like Julie's idea of a 60 minute homeschool plan which we have tried and the kids loved. Julie has lots of great scheduling ideas on her website and it is the best website I have seen for all sorts of homeschool tips. I love that the 60 minute homeschool plan injects some fun back into homeschooling and makes it like a race against the timer to complete each subject in 10 minutes. My two work much harder when they know they are up against the clock and they only have to do a subject for 10 minutes so I want to try and incorporate that too hopefully.
Right had better go as I have promised the kids I will watch The Nightmare Before Christmas with them and I can hear it starting.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






2 comments:
Sure everything will be fine Monday!
Re HE, thats roughly what we do time wise and usually 4 days!
Lisa x
Waiting nosily for an update here. I hope you are O.K. xx We do 4 days to.
Post a Comment