Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The last few days!!

Had a lovely Mothers Day. Josh and I had a bit of an argument on Sunday morning and he got sent to bed but he melted my heart when he wrote me a lovely note saying sorry.





Yesterday we stayed in and had a very productive day. I was really pleased with how much we got done and the kids enjoyed themselves too. Here is a list:

Josh Maths: Galore Park Junior Maths 2: Ex 8.2; Ex 8.3
Ellie Maths: Schofield & Sims KS1 Mental Maths 2: Test C
Josh English: Galore Park Junior English 1: Ex 3.1
Josh Reading: The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle ch 1 - 7
Josh & Ellie: My Spelling Workout B: Unit 9
Josh & Ellie: Singapore Science 3A: Chapter 2 Worksheet 4
Josh & Ellie: History Pockets: Theatre Happy & Sad masks, Costumes, Parthenon.

Here are some pics of history pockets:











Today we haven't done any formal work. We went on a lovely countryside walk with some local HE'ers round Poulton. We had a great time and the kids really enjoyed themselves. We got a bit muddy but they had lots of fun playing with their friends and making new ones. I enjoyed chatting lol!! I just about managed all the stiles although nearly broke my neck on one of them as I caught my foot on the bottom of my jeans and nearly fell off sideways. Thanks to Cherie for organising it and we're already looking forward to the next one.

Tonight was Josh's presentation evening at cubs and he was awarded a special necker for Cub of the Month for attending lots of extra activities and always being willing to help others and take part so I was very proud of him. He also got 4 new badges to sew on for Local History, First Aid Stage 2, Hobbies (Chess) and a Malaysia badge. I am rubbish at sewing so will have to send his jumper down my mum's for her to sew them on.

DH is getting itchy feet and is getting bored at home all day. We had planned to take the year off to see how the season goes here in Blackpool but he is thinking of setting up business again in less than 2 weeks. I am trying to talk him out of it till at least June to see how things are going then as it is a long time to be paying rent out for your shop when you are not making any money which I doubt we would till June at the earliest. He is going to have a chat with the guy who owns it later this week to see if they can strike a deal but I'm not sure. I just think it is a bad time to be starting a business and I am worried that we will plough all our savings into it for it to fail.

I have agreed to go and have a look at the place he wants to trade from but have told him he would be just as bored at work (if not more so!!) as he won't be very busy yet and there will be no internet there to distract him. I'm thinking he needs a hobby or two lol!! I've told him if he's bored then there is always housework to be done but he wasn't too impressed with that. I wonder why!!!

No comments: