Josh is part of the team that is representing Blackpool Cubs tomorrow in the Lancashire Finals. He is looking forward to it. I am stressing over how to get there as the place isn't that easy to get to especially by public transport.
I think we will have to leave before 10am in the morning to make sure we can find the place by 12.30pm. We have to take the train to Preston then walk through Preston to the bus station at the other end of town and then get on a bus to the part of the city where the competition will be held. Then we have to find it on a little map they gave us that is not much use to be honest. I think I will be better off googling the location and get better directions that way.
We are still not talking to my family and haven't heard anything from them since Monday. I know that they will have been itching to find out how we got on with the LEA on Monday but the ball is firmly in their court now.
Home ed wise things are ticking along nicely. I've been really pleased with both the kids mathswork today. Josh has got the hang of long division really well and is currently finishing off his 40 question exercise on his own as he's doing them so well.
Ellie has completed nearly half of CGP KS1 Maths Study Book in one sitting (p1 - 24). There are only 56 pages in the whole book so I think I had better get a move on in finding her something else to do before we move onto Galore Park Junior Maths Book 1 which I don't want to start with her til September. I am thinking of getting CGP Maths Year 3 Question Book to do with her between now and the summer and then top up with worksheets from online and the Bond No-Nonsense Maths 7-8. She loves doing her maths workbooks and I want to make sure we don't lose that.
We've just watched the Cheltenham Gold Cup Race this afternoon on tv and we each chose a horse but didn't bet any money and Ellie chose Exotic Dancer because it was in Pink and it came third. That's about the third time we've done it fun and in the past she has picked the winner. Think I need to start placing bets on Ellie's picks lol!! She certainly has more luck than me!!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment