After this morning's great start with the snails I knew that today couldn't be anything other than great.
Following on from the snail interest I had printed off a wordsearch on snails. They both love wordsearches so were very keen to get on with it. Then we sat down and read chapters 17 and 18 of Charlotte's Web as they are really enjoying that. Then I asked what they wanted to do next and Josh said Bible. He's a good boy. So I asked what story they wanted and they wanted Noah so we read Genesis 6-9 on Bible Gateway and then the story of Noah in The Oxford Book of Bible Stories. They love Bible stories.
I was sorting out all our papers and filing them and Josh decided to do 2 pages from his maths workbook and Ellie did 2 maths worksheets. Yes they enjoy maths when they get to choose what to do as opposed to working through the book in chronological order.
Then I had an email off a friend of mine about a website where you can send a letter to Santa and get an instant response so they wanted to give that a try. Josh asked for a Bike, Nintendo Wii, Lego and a Keyboard. Ellie asked for a Bike, Sylvanian Families stuff and a Violin. They were very pleased to get a very quick reply from Santa.
After lunch they spent the afternoon on the internet. Josh has been looking for lego and playing online games. Ellie has been looking at bikes and deciding which one she would like. We also looked at violins together and she was amazed that you can get one in almost any colour you want. She has been on about wanting a violin for a couple of weeks now and I showed her a few videos on You Tube of people playing violins and she is still keen. Fortunately there is a very good violin shop in Blackpool so we shall pay a visit and see what size and colour to get her. They aren't as expensive as I had feared either so that's a plus.
We would have to look for a music teacher as I haven't the first clue about playing the violin. I would rather she had a lesson fairly quickly after getting it so she doesn't have a chance to pick up any bad habits. She says she would like to learn to read music in the meantime to help her so we will have a look for a few sites tomorrow to help with that if she still wants to.
She helped daddy make coleslaw this afternoon for tea and it was lovely. She loves cooking and I have said I will do more with the both of them as they love it.
They both watched Autumnwatch last night and got very into it but dh phoned halfway through so we had to leave home to fetch him. Josh in particular is very into and is currently looking on the website. Hopefully we will be able to watch it all tonight.
So far so good then things are going well. They are surprising me by choosing to do some of the things I would have chosen for them but they are choosing them off their own backs and I have stressed that they don't have to do it to please me but only if they wanted to and they say they like it. Perhaps when I was planning stuff for them to do I was like we have to do this now whereas they are deciding for themselves when and if they want to do something.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






2 comments:
Wow! It's going great! Betcha could have done without the snails at 7am though!!
We are gearing up for halloween too - I loved the finger print pictures - we will have to give that a try.
And just so you don't think I am a total paragon - all mine wanted to do this morning was paint Warhammer! sigh!!!
I played the violin for eight years, I wish I'd never given it up, discovered boys!! Violin wasn't so appealing after that!
Post a Comment