I had decided to carry on with daily planning with goals for the end of the week in my mind. I am wondering now though if I am setting us up for failure or not doing it like this. Yesterday was going great until we took a break and, as often seems to be the case lately, once we have taken a break we really struggle to get back into it.
We did really well first thing doing Bible, Usborne Children's Bible, Maths, Writing With Ease (Sample pages - year 1 week 3), FLL3 (Sample pages - Lesson 4 - half of it), Atticus Storyteller Greek Myths (1 myth) and an AO reading of Belling the Cat from Aesop's Fables. Then I let them have a break and they had their lunch and went on the internet and so did I and that was it then for the rest of the day.
I think I really need to get started earlier in the day. We haven't been starting til 10 or even 11am some days. The kids need to go to bed earlier each night and I need to re-establish a bedtime routine as I have been far too lax in that respect over the summer. Usually I will wake them around 9.30 - 10am if they are not upand they will have breakfast and help me tidy up but I think in future I will try and start getting the chores done before they get up and finish them once I have started them off with their work.
This morning I shall wake them at 9am and get them going on their work by 9.30am. I shall have to impose a no computer or tv ban on them and myself until all the work is complete and it is proving a huge distraction to all of us.
So my plan for today to try and get us back on track is to not plan any new work (other than SL Bible reading) but to try and complete all the bits and pieces I have on our to do list to get us back on track.
Here is my to do list for today:
* Bible: Mark 14:43 - 72
* Finish FLL3 Lesson 4.
* Read Charlotte's Web: Ch 11 & 12 followed by Sonlight review questions and AO copywork.
* English - J - Galore Park Junior English 1 Exercise 1.3 part 1. Tell the story from the badger's point of view.
* English - E - WHS Grammar and Punctuation KS1 p22 - 25.
* Science - Healthy Eating theme continued. Log onto Education City and follow their Science Healty Eating Section. Do Worksheets. Do last of all otherwise we will get distracted.
* History - History Pockets - Finish Mesopotamia pocket (Have only been trying to do this for about 3 weeks!!) Start on Ancient Egypt pocket.
* Reading - J - Dolphins at Daybreak Ch 5 - 7 (really want to get this finished so he can start MTH 3 Mummies in the Morning.
* Reading - E - Hear E read to me too. She can choose a new book.
Phew!! That's quite a list. I am aiming on having it all done by the end of today so that we are caught up and can then move on with our work. I suppose I had better start by getting the kids up and breakfasted so we can get going.
Will update on if we have got everything done later.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment