Tuesday, October 7, 2008

J's Story

We haven't finished everything on our list yet but I really feel like they have earnt a good break after working really hard this morning.

J absolutely hates writing and he doesn't have much confidence in his writing ability. He has just started working from Galore Park Junior English 1. I really like this book as it is encouraging him to write more independently. Today I wanted him to do an exercise from it telling a story that was at the beginning of the chapter as if told through the eyes of the Badger.

Initially he had a huge meltdown at the thought of doing it. I said to him that I wanted about 8 lines and that would be ok. However once he got going there was no stopping him. He filled a whole page with his writing. I love his story as its really funny and well written. He enjoyed writing it too and is looking forward to doing the next exercise in the book which is a story about the nocturnal animals in the garden and what they get up to in the garden once everyone's asleep.

His writing has massively improved in this last week alone. I put this down to stopping him from writing cursively which you could hardly read and starting First Language Lessons Level 3.

Here is his story:


If you double click it then it should open it bigger so you can read it.

Will post again later on how the rest of today goes.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Emma, this looks great to me, neat and tidy and a good amount.