Friday, October 10, 2008

Heart of the Matter Friday Meme

This week's Heart of the Matter Meme asks what great educational freebie sites do you frequently visit? Here is my list of favourite free educational sites.

Activity Village - Great activities and Colouring pages

Starfall - Great for learning to read

BBC Schools - Lots of information on all the subjects including history, geography, maths, english etc

The Lighthouse for Education - This site has a huge list of educational websites for all ages and all subjects

Happy Child - Huge mix of resources

Woodlands School - A school website with lots of information and great for learning. We particularly enjoy their history section

Ancient Civilisations - The British Museum website contains lots of information on Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Ancient China etc

Spelling City - Gives child free spelling test and also teaches spellings.

Kinder Art - Great site for Art lessons includes free lesson plans

SF Reading - Free Grammar and Writing books grades 1-6

Fun Brain - A fun interactive site. My kids love the maths games on here.

Hope you enjoy the links and find some useful information.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I love Woodlands School website and use it a lot. They are fantastic at Christmas, they have an advent calendar , you click on the date and it tells you about Christmas in other countries. Wicked!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I'm going to be checking some of these out, thanks! I looked at the spelling site and it looks great!

6intow said...

I can't wait to check some of these out. I stick with what works right now, but am always looking for odds and ends to keep learning new. Thanks for posting to make my search easier!
~Erin

Liz said...

Thanks for those suggestions. We have used a lot of those websites, but I discovered some new ones on your list!

Amy said...

These links look great, particularly the art and spelling sites. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! My Bro. and Sister-in-law are British and live in the UK. They are so interested in Homeschooling...but I think they are scared. Anyway- thanks for sharing.