Thursday, November 13, 2008

Arrived in England Safely

Got here safely this evening. Managed to leave the villa gleaming. I had forgotten the rings around the cooker were silver coloured. I had thought they were black but dh did a marvellous job cleaning it all up and by the time he had finished you could see your face in it it sparkled so much!!

The kids were a huge help in helping us tidy up and sort all our stuff out. I kept telling them to go to bed but they wanted to stay up to help and they were great. I am very pleased as I managed to get everything back that I wanted including all the books I wanted.

I was worried we would be charged for being over the limit on our baggage but the lady who checked us in never batted an eyelid over the weight of the cases so that was ok.

The flight was ok as far as being stuck in the air for 5 hours can go. The kids didn't sleep on the plane but me and dh did!!! I remember at one point waking up from dozing to find J had his arm round me!! He even let me use his teddy as pillow too!!!

When we arrived at my parents we had bacon sandwiches for supper and I was pleasantly surprised by the kids getting up and taking the plates and glasses out when everyone had finished and putting them in the sink. Long may that continue when we move into our house.

J has been upset the last few days again about his lack of friends at the moment but I am really hoping that it will change and we can get out and about meeting other local homeschoolers. I've just discovered there is an astronomy fun day coming up next week that he might be interested in so I will ask him in the morning and see if I can persuade my father to drop us off up there as it is awkward to get to by bus.

My brother's girlfriend is taking the kids ice skating on Saturday afternoon and they are very excited about that. I will go too but I don't fancy getting skates on myself. I have only ever been once when I was about 12 and I remember being used as a pole for people to swing round and spending most of my time clutching the sides or on my rear!! Ever since we decided to move back E has been on about going skating so she is really looking forward to it!!

I am very pleased to discover that my dad's computer is working so I can access the internet!! I was having withdrawal symptoms!!

Right I had better get to bed as I have loads to unpack and sort out tomorrow. I am shattered after sorting out the house in Cyprus in 2 days.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my word Emma! I saw your title in my google reader and scurried over. You are already in England and back to blogging. Now theres a die hard blogger! LOl So glad the trip went good for you!