Monday, November 10, 2008

Flying back on Thursday!! Yikes!!!

I finally got our flights booked today and we are flying back on Thursday!!! Yikes!!! Got so much to do but dh has been a really big help tonight. We have only been back in the house an hour or so after being out all day and he has cleared the kitchen of everything we don't need. There's just a few bits of food, plates, bowls, cups and glasses that we can get rid of on Thursday morning. In 72 hours we will be half way through our 5 hour flight back to England. I have almost finally fully cleared the downstairs bedroom. It should only take me another 20 minutes or so. I just stopped for a little break as my mother called and I decided to have 5 minutes and do a blog post too.

I am sure it will be a very emotional day on Thursday as we have really loved living in Cyprus but I feel we are doing the best thing for us all by moving back to England. In times of economic doom and gloom it will be so important to us to know what money we have coming in to us and what we are paying out each month. We are fortunate that we got a good price for our business and that has enabled me to work out a sensible budget to see us through the next year or two and keep some savings too.

I have stacked all the books I hope to take back with us in a suitcase and I can't move the case never mind even attempting to lift it. I am hoping I can get all my books back as I have already been extremely ruthless in deciding what I can and can't take back but there is still tons of books left. I just have to hope we can get them all in the cases alongside the clothes we want to take too.

Right had best get back to cleaning and sorting and packing.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Have a safe trip. I know you'll be sad but you've got to do what's best for you and your family.

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my how exciting! Take care of yourselves and dont forget to blog when the computer gets set up again!