Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Great Weekend!!

We've had a really lovely weekend. J has fully recovered from his asthma and we have had enjoyed spending lots of time together as a family.

Yesterday morning my brother's girlfriend had offered to take E ice skating again and dh decided he was going to have a go too. J was going to give it a try but decided at the last minute he was worried about falling over so he watched them with me. It was really fun. E did really well and was soon whizzing round with one hand on the side and she was off leaving dh standing. I have to see dh really surprised me. I expected him to spend most of his time on the floor but he did brilliantly and didn't fall over once. There was one time where he nearly fell and he caught the back of E and she gave him a look to kill!!

They both had a great time and we enjoyed watching them. Next time I think we will go in the week when the ice rink is quieter though. At least I know that dh should be ok with her on the ice if my brother's girlfriend can't take her.

Here are some pics from the morning's skating:



E & her skates



My gorgeous girl





Dh and E on the ice



She's off!!



My ice skating princess



My baby brother (who is bigger than me!! 6 foot 4 tall!!) wearing Pink earmuffs!!

In the afternoon we went to the local park down the road and took some nuts with us. We were on the lookout for some squirrels but didn't see any so we fed the pigeons instead. They flocked down and landed on dh who was holding the nuts in his hands. The kids thought it was hilarious and I wish I had took the camera with me as he looked so funny. The kids held their hands out too and were soon having pigeons eating out of their hand. One pigeon even landed on E's head on her hat. I will have to get some more nuts when we go to town and take the camera next time. Dh looked like Doctor Dolittle covered in pigeons.

Today E and I decided to go into town as there was a reindeer display on and I took her to see Santa in Debenhams. He wasn't the best Santa we've seen tbh. We decided in the end that it was Santa's cousin as she could tell that he was wearing a false beard and as it happened we met the real Santa later on in the morning when he arrived on his sleigh of reindeer in town. It was great as there wasn't a very big queue to see the reindeer and Santa so she had a great time. She loved it and I managed to get a couple of pictures on my phone of her stroking the reindeer. Unfortunately I think I need an adapter to get the pics off my phone onto my laptop so I will have to add the photos of that later this week.

This afternoon we all went in the park again and saw 5 grey squirrels which excited the kids. They had a nice time on the play area on the swings and then we came back to my parents to warm up as it was freezing!!!! Brrrrrrrr!!!!

We've really felt the cold this weekend too. Yesterday was freezing fog that lasted all day and today has been very icy. I hate the ice as I am scared to death of falling and dislocating my elbow. After doing that 2 years ago in Cyprus I am paranoid about it happening again as I can honestly say I have never known pain like it. It is worse than childbirth!!! I still can't straighten my elbow completely and I haven't been able to pick up either of the kids since then (plus they are getting too big to be picked up now anyway!!)

We are picking up the keys to our house tomorrow morning after our tennants have moved out. Yipee!!! I am looking forward to having our own space and unpacking all our stuff we bought back from Cyprus. We have to measure up to make sure we can fit what we want in the space we have. There is only one place we can put a fridge freezer and there is a cupboard above where it has to go so we have to make sure we can fit the one we want into the available space.

We have to go on a huge spending spree tomorrow as at the moment we have no furniture but I found a fantastic shop that can deliver by Wednesday so we will order everything tomorrow and hopefully move in properly on Wednesday - just in time for my birthday on Friday!!

We went on a reconnaisance mission last week to price things up we needed so hopefully we will stick to our budget and get everything we want and need delivered quickly maybe even with some money leftover which would be nice too!!!

No comments: