We have had a fantastic couple of days. I've talked J out of going to school for the time being at least. I posted a message on our local homeschool Yahoo group and was really pleased to get some great responses and offers to meet up.
We have met up with some homeschoolers which has been great for both the kids and me. On Thursday we met up with a lovely mum who is an autonomous HE'er. She has 2 kids and I was really pleased with how well the kids played together. They had a great time playing together and I enjoyed nattering about home ed and everything with the mum.
On Friday we met up with two more local home ed families at a play area including The Swift Clan. The kids all had a great time playing together and I got to do lots of nattering too.
It has really helped J to see that we are not the only homeschooling family out there and he has seemed to make friends fairly easily. E surprised me too by talking in front of the families as I didn't think she would yet.
I feel better too as homeschooling in Cyprus was very isolating as we didn't have anyone irl to chat to about it. I love the forums I visit and blogs I read but its nice to chat to someone irl about it.
I hope we can meet up with everyone again soon as the kids really enjoyed it and so did I.
Today has been fairly relaxing. I even managed an afternoon kip for a couple of hours and feel so much better for it. Since we've been back in England I have been in bed by 10pm each night as I have been exhausted and felt like I was still on Cyprus time (2 hours ahead!) but I think I am slowly adjusting to the time difference and tonight is the latest I have stayed up since we have been here.
We are hoping to begin moving back into our old house next weekend as our tenants are moving out quicker than expected. The kids are trying to decide how they want their rooms decorated. At the moment E wants hers painted Pink with Butterflies and J wants his Yellow with Pokemon. They have already changed their minds at least a dozen times since we got here so I am sure it will change again before we actually move. I saw a lovely Butterfly craft kit today that I might get for E next week and then she can use them to help decorate her room.
I saw a lovely dining table and chairs on Friday afternoon that had a lovely feel to it and was a bargain price too so I think we will go and order that on Monday. It is really solid and should fit nicely in our dining area. We have no other furniture yet so have a lot of shopping to do this week to get it all and arrange delivery including all the crockery, pots and pans etc.
It has been freezing cold here today but it never seems to snow around here. I ended up going and putting my fleece on and putting the heating to come on earlier and sat in front of the fire. I was froze and eventually took myself off to bed for a couple of hours sleep and felt much better afterwards.
Right its getting late and I have an early start tomorrow morning (going to a car boot sale) so had better grab some sleep.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






2 comments:
It was great to meet you all too!!! And natteering is something I am good at! lol!!
And definitely happy to meet up again!
Hugs
Cherie
I'm glad you'll be back in your own house before too long. Just in tme for Christmas.
Post a Comment