
We've had a very busy week this week as we have finally completed our move back to England. It was a nightmare clearing our house in Cyprus but the kids were great helping us.
The kids have done lots of independent nature study again. They are so into it at the moment and it has been lovely to watch them discover stuff for themselves. We are staying almost opposite a big park at the moment and I am sure it will provide the kids with lots more opportunity for nature study. We are also planning on getting an annual pass to our local zoo next week and I know they will love all the animal talks and particularly the reptile handling sessions.
We arrived here on Thursday night and it still feels very much like we are on holiday so we are going to treat it as such til we move into our house around new year.
We went into town yesterday to get a few bits and got E her violin. Unfortunately it appears we were missold it and it is too big for her and the bridge is set too high. We were going off the advice of the so called experts and it turns out they have sold us something that is not fit for its purpose. I am currently trying to get our money back on it so I can purchase the correct size one from a specialist violin shop. I went into the shop we bought it from less than 2 hours after buying it to ask for a refund or the 1/4 size violin (we had got the 1/2 size).
First off they tried to tell me that you can't get 1/4 size violin and I told them you can as she had just been holding one at a neighbour's house. Then they said they couldn't get one for me and they didn't do refunds. I told them that it was not fit for purpose and am waiting for them to get back to me today about whether or not they can give me a refund. If they do not then I shall have to see if Trading Standards here can do anything as I feel we were missold it and there is no signs in the shop saying that they don't do refunds. E is very disappointed as she was looking forward to playing it but it isn't even tuned in correctly.
We very nearly spent the evening at the hospital last night as J was doing a forward roly poly on our bed and fell off it and hurt his back. He was really upset and we were thinking of taking him to hospital but he managed to get up ok so he had a bath last night. It is still a little sore this morning so he is just going to stay in and relax all day today.
E is going ice skating this afternoon with my brother's girlfriend and is very excited about it. I am going to watch as I have no wish to spend the afternoon on my rear!! J was going to give it a try too but has sensibly decided to give it a miss because of his back.
After ice skating we are going into town to buy a wii for the kids christmas present. We have decided we ought to get it fairly quickly before everywhere sells out. I am thinking of getting the wii fit for me too. I will have to hide it at my aunt's house though as my two have a habit of discovering their presents before the big day.
I am very surprised that my mother hasn't mentioned sending the kids to school yet. I had a bet with dh that she would say something about it before the weekend is over and at the moment she hasn't mentioned it so I am in danger of losing my bet!! Perhaps she is starting to realise that the kids are doing much better than they were in school or perhaps she has realised that she is fighting a losing battle!! Either way I am glad she hasn't gone on about it so far but we will see how long it continues.
Thanks to Kris at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers for hosting the Weekly Wrap Up. You can read Kris' and others weekly wrap ups here.






4 comments:
Welcome back! Glad you are here safely.
You're home! Glad you arrived safe and sound. I hope you get settled quickly.
xx
I'm glad you had a safe and uneventful move...and that your mother isn't giving you a hard time about homeschooling. Maybe she won't. If my inlaws can come around, I'm guessing anybody can. ;-)
Welcome back, I played the violin for 8 yrs, wish I'd never given it up. I hope you get the size needed before too long. Hope J's back is better soon.
Post a Comment