Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weekly Wrap Up 6

The kids have done a very good job of keeping themselves entertained this week as I've been trying to clear the house ready for returning to England possibly next weekend!!! Eeeek!!!

We haven't booked flights yet as we completed the sale of our business here on Thursday and we have to make sure that our buyer is confident with using the machines. He has picked it up really fast and he is going to try it on his own tonight with dh available to pop down if necessary. I have my eye on two possible flights at the moment. One is on Thursday and the other is next Saturday but we have to wait and see how he copes on his own before we can book them.

I really just want to get back to England now as I am quite worried about dh at the moment. He suffered asthma as a child but seemed to grow out of it but this last week he has been suffering with shortness of breath and he says his chest feels tight. He refuses to go to hospital or to the doctors and he says it feels like asthma. The thing that worries me the most and has always worried me about living here is we are a good 30 minute drive from any of the hospitals so I am really worried about him. It seems to come on worse at night. He isn't too bad when he's moving around during the day. It means though that I am having to do pretty much all of the house clearing as he is shattered from being unable to sleep at night. He has assured me that he will see the doctor as soon as we are back in England so I just hope he is ok til then.

Sorry for that little waffle. I feel better for waffling. Right back to the week.

The kids have been great as I have been busy sorting all our stuff out. They have done tons of independent nature study this week. They have filled my camera up with pics of various bugs and then keep bringing the bugs inside to show me (I wish they wouldn't lol!) Unfortunately I can't download any pics to show you as I don't have a memory card reader on this computer.

They keep going on little bug hunts on the wasteground at the side of our house. My heart did pound though on Tuesday when they had asked to go on a bug hunt and I had agreed and then looked out to see if they were ok and we couldn't see them anywhere. We lost them for a couple of minutes and I have never been so relieved when they walked round the corner at the top of the field. They had seen loads of butterflies and were looking at them but out of view of our house. I was just so relieved they were ok as all sorts of scenarios had been running through my head.

Last night I booked us a trip to London for J's birthday at the end of March so they have both been looking through a London guidebook and planning everything they want to do. I think I might see if J wants to help me book the train tickets and plan our stay. He wants to go to Legoland for the day too so I am sure he will love helping to plan that.

J was in the Lord of the Dance Irish Dancing show at the hotel last night. He loves doing it and got lots of compliments for his dancing and acting skills off the guests last night. I also won 80 euros in Bingo whilst we were waiting for the show to start so we are going out for a meal tonight at our favourite Indian restaurant courtesy of my bingo winnings!!!

We will also be watching the Festival of Remembrance on BBC1 later tonight. The kids have been asking lots of questions this week about World War 1 and 2 lately and dh and I have been explaining about the significance of Poppies, Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day on 11th November. I have a book about Anne Frank which they found really interesting and I think once we get settled in England we will perhaps do a project on both the World Wars as they are really interested in them. They have listened intently to stories told by dh whose father was Polish and lost all his family in WWII.

We found some poems of Remembrance here at the Woodlands School Website. They were touched by them and realised that so many didn't return from the Wars and how awful life was in the trenches. I think we will try and take a visit to the Imperial War Museum when we are back in England.

Tomorrow we are doing a car boot sale to get rid of lots of books and toys. The kids are coming with me bright and early and I have said they can have what money we take towards getting some toys in England. Whatevers left at the end of the day we will give to the charity stall as I really don't want to take anything home with us.

I am determined to get the house sorting done by tonight. I have quite a task on my hands but I have to do it. I am still doing our downstairs bedroom which is a nightmare but I am almost there. I still have our bedroom upstairs, our bathroom and the kitchen to do but I am determined to get it done and then it will just be the case of packing. I am going to pack my books up that I am taking back with us too so I can get an idea of the weight and see how much room is left for clothes.

Wish me luck. Its going to be a busy weekend.

5 comments:

jeannie said...

You sound like you guys have lots of fun each week that I have read. Packing is an nightmere, well for me anyway.

Is an car boot sale, the same as an garage sale?

I think I want to go to Legoland too!

Emma said...

Yes a car boot sale is a garage sale but we pile everything into the car and take it to a market where I can set up and sell it.

Megan said...

I feel you on the bug thing. I know it is interesting, but I am still trying to convince my son to leave them outside. The best thing he ever brought in was a dead bird. Note the sarcasm on the best thing. lol

Hope you can get everything together for the move. Have a great week!

Miriam Pauline said...

Hi Emma. Just found you through Kris' blog. We are home schooling in Lancashire. Hope you are feeling better and getting things ready for your move. Sounds like you are busy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week. I envy your family your trip to London for your ds' birthday. That would be awesome!

Doesn't it just drive you crazy the way men are about going to the doctor? Mine thinks I should go for every little thing, but he won't go for anything! I hope your dh is feeling better.

Don't stress yourself too much trying to clean and school. Yikes! That's enough to drive anyone batty. ;-)