Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just for fun & Family stuff




You Are Likely a Third Born



At your darkest moments, you feel vulnerable.

At work and school, you do best when you're comparing things.

When you love someone, you tend to like to please them.



In friendship, you are loyal to one person.

Your ideal careers are: sales, police officer, newspaper reporter, inventor, poet, and animal trainer.

You will leave your mark on the world with inventions, poetry, and inspiration.



How true!!! I am the third born child. I have an older sister, 39 and brother 36, I'm 29 next month and a younger brother 26 who still lives with my parents and got away with far more than I did when we were growing up and is still the baby of the family.

I was the one who rebelled against my super strict parents. I have what could probably be described as a very strange family. I speak to my parents almost every day on the phone but I would never tell them I love them or any other members of the family and they have never told me that they love me. I find that very hard and still struggle with it when they talk to the kids and tell them they love and miss them and I think why can't you say that to me. My dad suffered a heart attack in September 2005 and that prompted me to tell him I loved him but I never got a reply back. I could not imagine not telling and showing my kids how much I love them even though they know I do.

Dh's family on the other hand is very huggy and I love it. He always greets his mum with a kiss. He may not phone her as often as he should but she knows he loves her and he knows she loves him.

Me and dh are very huggy. We are always hugging and kissing each other and the children (even after 11 years together we never forget to give each other a kiss when we are going somewhere!! He's my best friend too!!) We tell each other and the kids we love them at least 10 times a day and mean it each and every time!

I used to try and do lots of things to get my parents approval when I was younger. For example: I took and passed the exam to get into a private girls high school that I didn't want to go to (I had only took the exam to prove I could do it!) as all my friends were going to the local state school but I was made to go anyway and hated it!!

Even when with homeschooling I have tried to get my parents approval and despite the fact that they can see how well the kids are doing my mother in particular will never ever say "Well done, Emma" and I have just begun to accept that I am never going to win their approval and I don't need it. Me and dh know how well the kids are doing and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Your lucky to have your husbands full support in homeschool. My husband isnt so sure about it although he is very supportive in other things, the dear man. :)