On Saturday E went ice skating. She loved it. Her confidence improved massively each time she went round. She started off holding onto Laura's (my brother's girlfriend) hand and holding onto the side and taking things fairly slowly to whizzing round holding onto the side with one hand and then half skating half walking the gaps where there was no side to hold onto. She was laughing each time she fell over which was lots to start with but once she started to get the hang of it she managed to stay on her feet brilliantly. She can't wait to go skating again so we are going to look at lessons for her for Christmas. I watched and videod her skating.
After that we hit the local shopping centre where the Christmas lights were being turned on and they had free children's entertainment on so we spent an age queing up for E to have her face painted. She was the best behaved child in the queue by a long way. There was a mother in front of us with 3 kids that were constantly hitting each other and the mother was swearing. I had left E with Laura whilst I sneaked off and managed to get the kids a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and Laura couldn't get over how well behaved E was whilst waiting her turn. She had her face painted as a beautiful butterfly and it looked great. We took some photos but I haven't managed to download them yet.
E had started off the morning hardly speaking two words to Laura but by Saturday evening there was no shutting her up!!! She was happily talking loudly to Laura and all pretence at being shy had gone right out the window!!
I was shattered and ended up in bed by 9pm. I think I am still on Cyprus time as the last few nights I have been asleep really early.
On Sunday the kids stayed with my parents whilst dh and I enjoyed a leisurely stroll around town. We picked up some Christmas presents for the kids and enjoyed a nice coffee out just the two of us. It was really nice to get out on our own for some time together just the two of us. As much as we love being with the kids it was lovely to just escape for a couple of hours.
Today we have spent a fortune. We went to Toys R Us in Preston this morning and ended up getting the rest of the kids Christmas presents. We got J lots of Star Wars Lego - I can't believe how expensive that stuff is but its what he wanted! We got E lots of Sylvanian Families stuff - again can't believe how expensive they were but I am hoping that it will last them and they'll play with it for years to come. They do look after their toys and I think me and dh felt guilty that we couldn't bring all their toys back from Cyprus.

We got Sylvanian Families Willow Hall (pictured above) for E and I couldn't believe that it didn't come with any of the furniture or figures so we ended up spending another small fortune furnishing it!!
When we got back dh took me to PC World and got me my present - a new laptop. Its my birthday present so I should really wait a couple of weeks to have it but I'm not very good at waiting so he let me have it now!! I love it. It means I don't have to join the queue to use my dad's computer whilst we are staying here and I can be all warm and snug in the lounge whilst I am online.
So that dh didn't feel left out I got him a new computer game too so he has borrowed my brother's old laptop to play it on until we move house and he gets his own computer too.
Tonight E went to Rainbows for the first time. She has been on about it for ages so I took her tonight and she loved it. I thought she might want me to stay with her but she was happy to stay on her own. It was only for an hour but she loved it and can't wait to go again next Monday. She spoke to the leader but she said that she didn't get much chance to speak to the other children but she said she will try to next week. J is going to try out cubs tomorrow. His best friend from when he was at school here before we moved away goes so I am hoping he will find it easy to make lots of new friends.
I got a phone call from the shop where we got E's violin and they have managed to get hold of a 1/4 size violin for her so that should be in the shop later this week so she is looking forward to being able to play that. I am going to organise some lessons for her to get her started too once we pick it up. She is really looking forward to it as I have had to put the other violin which was too big away ready for taking back to the shop and she is itching to get going with learning to play it.
Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor's and then we are going to the library. I am really looking forward to being able to use the library as a great resource. It is the one thing I really missed living in Cyprus. It cost me a fortune in books as there were no libraries there we could use so I am determined to get good use from our local library here.
Right I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here is on so I'm off to try and stay awake and watch that.






2 comments:
When my 26 year old was young I invested in two sylvan family houses with the people. They are still in as good of shape now as then. I love those houses. Glad you're enjoying your move.
Eden started with Rainbows and is now in Guides, Cal was in Beavers and has just moved up to Cubs. I have nothing but praise for both groups. Best of luck to them both.
Post a Comment