Yesterday J and I did a car boot (garage sale) and we were really pleased with how much we made. We still had enough left to do another on Wednesday but I really want to try and get everything packed up by Wednesday so we gave what was left to a charity stall. We had already took double what I thought we would get for stuff so I was happy to see the rest go to charity.
J was a fantastic salesman. Everytime people came over to look at what we had he was showing them all sorts. One lady was only really interested in buying Roald Dahl's The BFG for 2 euros and he ended up persuading her to buy the full set of Roald Dahl books and other great children's books. She spent over 50 euros in the end. I was really proud of him and he did a great job helping me. I also got lots of comments from people about how polite he is which is always nice to hear.
When I got back E was a bit upset as she had wanted to come with us too but there was just no room in the car for her so she had spent the day with dh. She was very pleased to see me. Dh treated us to a late lunch out. Its done my diet no good whatsoever this week as we have eaten out far too much but we haven't got much food in the house and haven't had a chance to go shopping and probably won't as we are hoping to get a flight back to England either on Thursday or Sunday depending on the guy who has bought our business off us. He worked last night and Saturday night on his own without dh there helping him and it seems he has got the hang of the machine we use for photo engraving and is growing in confidence. He is taking us all out for a meal on Tuesday so if he is confident he can manage then we can finally book our flights. I just want to get back to England now as it feels like we are in a sort of limbo here.
The last few days have been really funny with E wanting to play schools. She's the teacher and me and dh are the pupils. We get our answers wrong on purpose so she has to explain how to get the right answer and its been great having her explain things. It shows how well she has grasped things. She keeps giving me A+ and giving dh an F! She is loving it and even takes the register too lol!
She's at such a great age at the moment and I love it. She's 6 and a half (7 in May) and is growing up so fast. It is hard to believe that J will be 10 in April too. Time is certainly flying by and before I know it they will be all grown and leaving the nest! Sob!!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago






1 comment:
Good going! You won't know what to do with your time when you get back to England!
Good luck. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment